Friday, December 17, 2010

Last one.

Wow, it is finally winter break. I am so excited. The only thing i have to do is finish this blog post and another then, I will officially begin my break off school.

So, this morning, my group and I had our last discussion about The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon. And i hate to say it, but it was a sucky/terrible discussion. It is really challenging for us to ask level two and three questions.  I say this, and many of the other group members say it as well that because we cannot relate to his experience, it is challenging to talk about something we do not know about. On a positive note, we all loved and admired Christophers talent and determination. For example, when he told him mom that he had to go back to Sweden to take his Math Level A test but she no because they were all the way in London, but luckly she was going back to Sweden and he was able to take his test although he was tired and could not do math has usual, he still took the offer got an A grade. Christopher's life over-time shows the many risks he took.

After u finished reading the book, I was unattracted to the book. This is because, the first and second parts of the book were emotional and enthsiastic, and because of the major events during those parts, I assumed it was going to end off with a resolution. For example, near the end of the book, the bond between his father and him were not complete. I wanted to know it is was going to forgive him or just, not. Also, I assumed maybe the Father and his Mother were going to get back together. So many question, but no answers. I hate books that leave  readers in a blurrrr. I just want too know.

All in all, the group discussion was not at it's best, and the next time I read a book that is challenging to analyze, i just need to work harder and re-read that part once more and make-up a level two or three question from there. This is because not all the time will I read a book that will be easy to understand, analyze, and interprete. It's just how life works. 

Well, now I have to do one-more blog post and I am off to start be wonderful, long break.
Happy Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment