Friday, November 12, 2010

I Like it How We Dribble Up and Down the Court.


While scouting through many student blogs, I have found and interesting and fascinating post. While reading through Vy Truong's post about basketball, I felt it should be shared once more:
Basketball is one if the sports I am most confident with playing. I spent most my child hood playing basketball with my brother or at a youth center I used to go to. I used to play basketball almost everyday but then I got lazy and really busy with school. Basketball was now not part of my life but I want it to be. This is why I want to play this year and to get in fit. It is a great way to work out. I never know why I enjoy playing basketball cause I hate running and balls but basketball has always been the sport that I never hated.

Vy is so really cool. She's like my role model.

Realizing how confident she is about this sport shows true dedication. This shows my how I should not give up a sport I like, just for school purposes. I say this because; I fear if I play a sport or do any other alternative activity, I will ruin my academic career, and downfall. I fear that I will not do as well and ruin my grades. I do not want that to happen, so I just do not do anything besides school stuff. What a boring life, huh?

While reading through Vy's blog, and looking at how she is taking the courage to play the sport she loves, makes me feeling like, I am a chicken. Chicken, chicken, chicken... Being able to balance school-life and an extra curricular activity shows responsibility and integrity. This is also beneficial because colleges understand how challenging it is to balance an additional activity that can interfere with school. This will show colleges that you are able to level yourself between two activities. That is so good! This is the main reason why I want to play a sport. I love badminton. 

Badminton is so much fun. Although I am not good at the sport, I could improve by playing on a team, because you do not have to start well, but soon after will become an expert. I wish I had the similar push as Vy, to make me join a badminton team. Is there such thing?

Anyways...

Vy, I love you. Your blog makes me very happy. Considering that you go to ASTI, and have a lot of work and adding another activity in to your hectic schedule is risky and beastie-like. I believe in you and i hope you make the team.

As a result, when loving something, you should try to do something about it. I feel like I'll be in a dream if I was on a badminton team and getting good grades in school. Ughh 

Oh, I have this notebook titled True Stories I Made Up. I have not written in it since middle school. I should start, and my dream life will be my first…

1 comment:

  1. Nawara bruh, I love you. :] You are freakin amazing and so nice!

    ReplyDelete