Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Break


Although this was along, three-week break, I feel like a started back from where I ended. (I do not \ have that "relaxed, and now time to work feeling", it's like oh, school...)

Anyways...

Winter break was boring for the first week. Starting on Friday (the last day of school before break), I read Crank and Glass, by Ellen Hopkins. These books are very well structured and written. I recommend the Crank series to everyone in the whole world. It is so good-- I cannot stress it enough. I literally could not stop reading it. Although I had to use the bathroom a few times, I just held it in because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Every page became more tempting to know the next.

During my second week, I went shopping with my mom, siblings, family, and friends (not all at the same time, though. That would be insane. I bought lots of cloths and shoes. I, also, cleaned-up my house like everyday, it was crazy. I do not know why my mom forced my sister and I to clean everyday, it was child labor (although I did not really clean-up everyday, I just said I did, because it looked hygienic, flawless, and sanitary. What more can get? So, ha-ha, mom)

Also, during those two-weeks, the EMCNC (Eritrean Muslim Community of Northern California) Youth forced the social branch (my cousin, Ridwan and I) to plan a gathering where the ages of fourteen thru twenty-five come together and bond. So, the first "hang-out" was set at Denny's in Emeryville. We all ate (obviously) and caught-up with everyone’s life, it was really nice. The next event was located at the San Francisco Ice-Skating rink, and we took the Bart there. It was hectic, nobody knew how to take the Bart, but eventually we asked people and got it all sorted out. Considering that it was raining hella hard, we had to walk to the ice-skating rink, and we did not know where it was, we all were socked. It was ridiculous. Thank God one of the guys has a GPS.

And on the last week of break, I did not do anything because many people were already backing in school, so there was not anyone to hangout with, which sucked. 

2 comments:

  1. we should hang out next timeeee(: at the bookstore!!
    crank! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i respondedddddddd :DDDDD
    http://thecoolestamber.blogspot.com/2011/01/crank-book.html

    ReplyDelete