Thursday, October 7, 2010

Losing a Friend



These past days have been unbalanced and hectic. I almost forgot we had to do a blog. Thank God for planners...

While reading many blog posts, I came across Amber Gomez's post about one of her friends. It sounded that she was really sad and wanted to back track to the "good times" (when they were close friends), she states:
 And so I cry. And I remember all the good times we had together. And I just pray that if we aren't ever going to have times like that again, then I hope that I will never forget them. And maybe, you never will either.
This part of her blog made me cry and feel really devastated about the friends I lost throughout my life. 

Knowing Amber, she has been through a lot. She is very smart, talented, and an amazing friend. Noticing that she is slowly losing/ or lost a friend makes me feel that I should do something about. When I say, do something about it, I do not mean go over to that person and attack or threaten him in anyway. I mean, talk to her about it and try to establish a plan where she can talk to him or be able to see him more often. Sometimes, a friend you may love may not have the same feeling towards you.

People change...

When knowing someone for many years and instantly change before your eyes may: want new friends, different friends, or want to become a new person. To do so, the person takes away the people he uses to hang with, and change his past self for a new self (if you know what I mean).

When I was in sixth grade, I had a friend who would boss me, and other people around. I became her friend so I can become "popular", "cool", and have the right to make fun of others. After all the insults she gave others and myself, I had to walk away. I felt what she was doing was unreasonable and unfair. So, I hanged out with the other girls. After a few months, the "popular" girl came to us and wanted to apologize towards her past comments. We forgave her, but we did not hangout with her. We wanted her to feel bad about her actions. Looking at her all-alone at lunch, lunch recess, after school, I felt the need to hang with her. I did this because I thought I was going back to the old me. So, during lunch, we talked and talked. She was actually really nice and sweet. I liked her. We later became close friends. 

What I am trying to say is: People change for better, for worse...

I hope your friend and yourself will justify away to hangout or see realize if it was for the better...

Hope you feel better Berrrrr :)

1 comment: