Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday- Friday.

Yessssss, it is finally Friday. I have a load of homework and umm... homework, ahhh- the life.


As a Muslim, Fridays are important days of the week- ever week. I do not clearly understand why they are, but they just are. As a result to this day, many of my family members gather to ones house and talk about our religion, read the Qur’an, and talk about our week.


This is how it goes. The mother's stay in the living room and: gossip. The men and the children ( cousins and I), go into a room and collectively recite the Qur’an and our uncles lecture about our Dīn (religion). It feels like I am in a night class. No Joke. But sometimes, my uncles talk to about  The Day Of Judgement- which makes me really scared. This is because, in the Qur’an, it states that: The Day Of Judgement is coming soon. My uncles translate what the Qur’an says so we can clearly understand what the words in the quran mean. This is so sad because we should be able to understand what the characters mean without the english translation. So sad. Okayyy, back to the topic...  It gives us a warning about our society and tells us what is going to happen and when. It is very specific. ( like a description essay Valdez would give an 'A' on).


When reading the holy book, it gives me a closer connection to Allah. It tells the stories of Prophet Mohammed (p.b.u.h) and how much he dedicated his life, gave to the poor, and spread the Islamic Religion. He was a great Muslim and a honorable man.


After reading the Qur’an, I wonder if I am doing what God wants me to do? Am i satisfying him? Is he accepting my prayers? Am I doing my prayers correctly? Will I go to heaven or hell? These questions are always lingering in and out of my hand. It never goes away. I hope God he proud of me...
 Are my actions medial to Prophet Mohammed (p.b.u.h)? or fair below the expectations? I am scared.


As a result, these Friday gatherings recollect my spirituality and provide me a closer connection to the supernatural. I hope these Friday's will pass on- generation to generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment